Thursday, March 25, 2010

Icon Midi controllers

Never heard before from this company, Icon. Because I build my own software instruments I tend to drool more over controllers than the current boring synthesizer offerings. So far I missed some news about controllers from Musikmesse, but Icon seems to build some USB class compliant devices so that they run under Linux, unlike the epic fail Novation Launchpad.


Their I-Stage and I-Creative are most destinct, I wonder of the quality and wether the leds can be controlled via Midi to give optical feedback, would be cool for stepsequencers!

They also offer a MackieControl clone called QCon for 500.- €, only downside: only 1 of the 9 motorized faders is touch sensible.

http://www.icon-global.com/music/music/index.php

1 comment:

  1. Hi !

    A review is available here http://www.espace-cubase.org/anglais/page.php?page=qcon

    Seems it is still not available in Europe though. Have had mine since beginning of December but it came directly from Hong Kong.

    Cheers.
    Jérôme (Espace Cubase)

    ReplyDelete