Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The block4 Social Distancing Concerts

I made my first remote concert sometime around 1994 with my band Das Kombinat. It was for an experimental festival and the medium was analog landline telephone. Sonic bandwidth was limited.

Instead of streaming I became more interested into digital puppetry, just sending control data. We experimented with VRML and the multiuser server Blaxxun to create audio visual performances, but it was to ahead of its time in the 90s.

2010 I did a remote concert from my then home in Hamburg, Germany to Esc Im Labor Graz for the Art's Birthday event. I send them a PD patch in advance which I then remote controlled via OSC protocol.

With my projects with Tina Madsen I did some streaming concerts, with our noise project TMS we streamed 2016 from Copenhagen for the AudioBlast Streaming Festival and with our live coding project codepage for last years Algosix event.

Now its time for the block4 Social Distancing Concerts from our studios in Aalborg. It gives the opportunity to work with all equipments we normally can't take with us since no booker would pay the transport costs. For the start this Friday, Saturday and Sunday I will do concerts with my solo projects Notstandskomitee and Elektronengehirn. Exact times will be announced soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment