Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The night of the Berlin Wall

I remember when the wall in Berlin came down, for a short while it was not clear whether Germany will be reunited or a new country was born. In the east they created an interims government and it could have been sort of best of both worlds, I watched it carefully and even considered moving there.

But soon it became clear that Kohl wanted to write history as the man who caused the reunited Germany so they pushed it without really thinking about the consequences.

The celebration night in Berlin I perceived with some horror, it was odd with the reoccuring patriotism. I think it was videoartist Björn Melhus who did once a videowork with these pictures, mirroring my feelings of it. With the samples from that broadcast I did at least 2 songs as Notstandskomitee.

No comments:

Post a Comment