Friday, March 19, 2021

Absolute Power: Rewriting History

With my new artproject Absolute Power I analyse and reflect on power structures and the mechanisms behind them. An important method to establish power is to rewrite history, to change the narration. For the piece Rewriting History: I keep Forgetting Faces I created a software which chooses randomly pictures from Wikipedia and erases with the help of Machine Learning the people in it. The best results I paint in oil. These paintings are to be exhibited along with displays showing the process of the removal.





Another part of future exhibitions is a mounted computer with a bi-color e-paper display which in realtime analyses random pictures from Wikipedia, removes people and uses the fragments to compose new pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment